Dan came to see me this weekend, which was ace. On Saturday we went out to London and crammed so much into one day that I'm not sure I remember all of it. Here are the highlights:
- Found a cool adult shop on Oxford Street called Harmony. Bought rope cuffs. Purple ones!
- Stumbled upon a Wagamama just as we were commenting on needing food. Ate noodles. I suck at chopsticks and got soup all over the table.
- Went to the British Museum. Eavesdropped on a Bible Tour. As a Christian, I was ashamed for my kind. Saw dead Assyrian lions and greek boys with no willies.
- Found a nice pub called The Crown at one end of Shaftesbury Avenue. Failed to meet up with my older brother owing to me not realising there's a difference between Oxford Street and New Oxford Street.
- Eventually found Owen at another nice pub by Oxford Circus. Met his new girlfriend, who seems nice. Since she's apparently working through my siblings, I'm hoping it's my turn next :)
- Got asked for my id! For the first time in about four years. This happened again on Sunday. Maybe I'm getting younger?
- Took Dan to Spamalot. Silly and fun.
- Got fast food at Nando's. Yummy.
- Missed the train and didn't get home until 2am.
The weird thing is, now I'm back at work writing a presentation on the stuff I've done this summer, I feel like a different person. I can't quite connect myself with the girl running through Notting Hill Gate station in the middle of the night with the most sexy and charming guy in the city.
Fabulous weekend, but now I've crashed back into reality. And I think I need more coffee to make it palatable.